TRƯỜNG THPT NGUYỄN VIẾT XUÂN
ĐỀ THI HỌC KỲ I NĂM HỌC 2021 – 2022
Môn TIẾNG ANH 12
Thời gian: 45 phút
1. Đề số 1
SECTION 1: LISTENING
Part 1: Listen to a girl speaking to a man at a job information center. For questions 1-5, choose the best answer A, B or C. You will hear the conversation TWICE.
1. The job is in ______.
A. a hotel
B. a sports center
C. an office
2. You cannot do the job if you are younger than ______.
3. The job will begin on the ______.
4. Most working days will begin at ______.
A. 8.15 a.m.
B. 8.30 a.m.
C. 9.00 a.m.
5. For work, the girl must wear ______.
A. a white shirt
B. a blue skirt
C. black trousers
Part 2: Listen to a presentation about one way to organize homework and complete the note. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS or A NUMBER for each blank. You will hear the recording TWICE.
The presentation is about how you can use (1) ____________ coding to organize your homework.
You need a few things from the stationery shop, which aren’t (2) ____________. They may include colored pens and pencils, sticky notes, page markers, glue and folders.
First, the speaker chooses a different color for each school (3) ____________. The color chosen must be easy to remember. For example, she chooses green for Maths because her ruler is green and yellow for PE because her trainers are yellow.
She uses the cheapest kind of folders. She keeps all her notes inside the (4) _______________ folders.
She wrote sticky notes in the library when she was studying. She used (5) _______________ notes for History and black for Geography. She wants to visit the Black Sea one day.
SECTION 2: USE OF LANGUAGE
Part 1: Choose the best option among A, B, C or D to complete the following sentences.
1. Thomas _______ a book when I saw him.
A. is reading
B. was reading
2. John asked me _______ interested in any kind of sports.
A. if I was
B. if were I
C. if I were
D. if was I
3. If you ________ a choice, which country would you visit?
C. have had
D. will have
4. Gold ______ in California in the 19th century.
A. was discovered
B. has been discovered
C. has discovered
5. Despite all the difficulties she encountered, Sarah was ________ to accomplish her mission.
6. The interviews with parents showed that the vast majority were _______ of teachers.
7. Simon succeeded ______ getting a scholarship to a prestigious university abroad.
8. Being well-dressed and punctual can help you create a good _______ on your interviewer.
Part 2: Choose the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following sentences.
1. Computers are often used (A) to control, adjustment (B), and correct (C) complex industrial (D) operation.
2. Scientists have done (A) research on (B) ways of curing (C) cancer patients since (D) years.
SECTION 3: READING
Part 1: Read the following text and choose the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Some people are very kind and are always willing to lend a hand (1) ______ their friends. Others are selfish and are only concerned about themselves. Some people love to be the center of attention, (2) ______ others are shyer and avoid busy places. There are many different personalities in the world, but we often (3) ________ for granted how they are formed. No one can be totally certain how (4) _______ personalities develop, but there (5) _______ three major theories that try to offer an explanation.
Part 2: Read the following text and choose the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
An academic year at an American college is divided into two semesters or three quarters. A semester includes 15 weeks; a quarter includes 10 weeks. American college students usually go to school from September to May. They can also study during the summer.
Students choose their classes a few weeks before the start of each term. Universities and colleges offer a great many classes in the students’ main areas of study and in other areas as well. Students must take both. These include science, math, computer, history and English. Other classes such as dance, theater, or sports may be just for fun. Tests are usually given in the middle of the term and at the end. The final exam is extremely important. In some classes, the professors ask the students to write a research paper or complete a certain task instead of taking a test.
Classes at an American college are usually organized through lectures. For example, a student may attend two or three lectures a week by one professor. There may be as many as several hundred students at each lecture.
1. The word “divided” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to ______.
2. American college students choose their classes ______.
A. before the start of each term
B. at the end of each term
C. at any time during the term
D. in the first week of each term
3. The word “These” in paragraph 2 refers to ______.
D. universities and colleges
4. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
A. The year at an American college usually starts in September.
B. There are 15 weeks in each semester and 10 weeks in each quarter.
C. Students may be asked to write a research paper instead of taking a test.
D. Lectures are not a common way of organizing classes at an American college.
5. What is the tone of this passage?
SECTION 4: WRITING
Write a paragraph of about 100-150 words about the following topic:
University education brings young people many benefits.
What is your opinion?
You can use the following clues as suggestions:
– Provide students with essential knowledge and skills for their future jobs
– Give students greater opportunities to get a well-paid job
– Gain valuable social and cultural experience
– Build up social relationships
ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ SỐ 1
SECTION 1: LISTENING (2pts.)
1. C; 2. A; 3. C; 4. B; 5. A;
1. color/ colour; 2. expensive; 3. subject; 4. different; 5. blue;
SECTION 2: LANGUAGE (2pts.)
1. B; 2. A; 3. B; 4. A;
5. D; 6. D; 7. B; 8. A;
1. B; 2. D;
SECTION 3: READING (2pts.)
1. A; 2. B; 3. D; 4. B; 5. B;
1. B; 2. A; 3. B; 4. D; 5. A;
SECTION 4: WRITING (2pts.)
– Task fulfillment (format and length, idea development) : 0.5 pts.
– Organization (coherence, cohesion) : 0.5 pts.
– Vocabulary (lexical range and accuracy) : 0.5 pts.
– Grammar (grammatical range and accuracy) : 0.5 pts.
2. Đề số 2
ĐỀ THI HỌC KÌ 1 MÔN TIẾNG ANH 12- TRƯỜNG THPT NGUYỄN VIẾT XUÂN- ĐỀ 02
PHẦN I. TRẮC NGHIỆM (7,5 điểm)
Choose the best A, B, C or D to indicate the most suitable response to complete each exchange below.
1. Long: I didn’t know you could play badminton so well, Tram.
Tram: Thank you, Long, ________________. I wish I could play half as well as you, Long.
A. That’s a nice compliment
B. That is not your fault
C. You’re welcome
D. I artainlt play very excellently.
2. Sam: “Would you like to have dinner with me?”
A. Yes, it is
B. Yes, I’d love to
C. I’m very happy
D. Yes, so do
Read the passage and choose the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word that best fits each blank.
Nearly 450.000 businesses are started in Britain every year. One-third of these stops trading during the first three years. Starting a business is never easy (3)_______ so many things are outside your control. If you are thinking about working for yourself, you must start by thinking about the qualities you need to (4)______a business. Be hard with yourself. If you have a weakness, it is better to find out now rather than later (5)________ your business could be in danger. Ask yourself whether you are a good (6)______. Is your health good? Are you good at making decisions? Do you have any practical experience of the business you want to start? Are you prepared to work long hours for very (7)_______money? If you cannot answer ‘yes’ to most of these questions, perhaps you should think again about starting up in business on your own.
Choose the letter A, B, C or d to indicate the underlined part that needs correction.
8. Because (A)his sickness, he (B) didn’t take (C) part in the English competition held (D) last Sunday.
9. In order to (A) avoid to make (B) mistakes, take (C) your time and work carefully(D).
10. They asked me how long(A) did it take (B) to get to (C) Paris by train(D).
Choose the letter a, B, C or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from that of the other three in pronunciation.
11. A. wave B. plan C. clap D. hand
12. A. kits B. dates C. eats D. days
Read the following passage and choose the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the best answer to each of the following question.
Music can move the soul. It can be a very strong influence. Some music can calm us down but other music can make us wild! How does music affect us? Music is used in a variety of ways. It is used in the medical field as a source of research and as a sort of treatments as well. Music has been used as treatment to lower blood pressure, help ill children recover quickly, treat mental illness, treat depression, aid in healing, and reduce stress and insomnia and premature infants. Julius Portnoy, a musicologist, found that it can change heart rates, increase or decrease blood pressure, effect energy levels, and digestion, positively or negatively, depending on the type of music. Calming music, such as classical musk, was found to have a very calming effect on the body, and cause the increase of endorphins, thirty minutes of such music was equal to the effect of a dose of valium. Both hemispheres of the brain are involved in processing music. The music in these studies is not the lyrics, but the music itself, the melody, the tones, the tunes, the rhythm, and the chords. Conversely music has also been documented to cause sickness. The right, or wrong music, can be like a poison to the body. Studies had been done on plants and the results were that loud hard rock music killed plants and soft classical music made the plants grow faster. Music is very powerful, like a drug and can even be an addiction. According to Patty Hearst, a researcher on music, it was documented that music was used in the aid of brainwashing some people. In the book, “Elevator Music” by Joseph Lanza, it is stated that certain types of strong music over prolonged periods in certain conditions were shown to cause seizures.
13. Which is the main idea of the text?
A. Music used as drugs
B. Powerful music
C. Music treatment
D. The effect of music
14. According the text, _____.
A. All pieces of music have the same influence
B. Music can be used in the same way
C. Children cannot listen to music
D. Different music has different effects
15. The word “it” refers to______.
A. the heart B. stress C. treatment D. music
16. The talked about the effect of music on __________.
A. mammals and turtles
B. fish and bird
C. men and bird
D. human being and plants
17. According to writer,_________.
A. All kinds of music are bad for our health
B. Music does not influence our blood pressure
C. Music can cause addiction
D. Music always has positive effects on human beings
Choose the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress
18. A. reduce B. aware C. narrow D. enjoy
19. A. customer B. company C. influence D. employment
Choose the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the answer that best completes the sentences or substitutes for the underlined word(s) in the sentence
20. David left high school____ the age ______ seventeen.
A. at/ of B. in/for C. on/ with D. of/ in
21. The lady________design had been chosen stepped to the platform to receive the award.
A. whom B. that C. whose D. which
22. We_________here in 1993. We_________ here for a long time now.
A. moved/ have been being B. had moved/ are
C. moved/ have been D. moved/ are being
23. If you don’t try to study harder, you _________ the next exam.
A. will pass B. can’t fail C. will fail D. would fail
24. Someone who is ____ is hopeful about the future or the success of something in particular.
A. pessimistic B. pessimist C. optimistic D. optimist
25. Education ______ to be the most important element to develop a country.
A. often be considered
B. can often considered
C. can often be considered
D. can often consider
26. On Fuly 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong became the first person ____ foot another celestial body.
A. set B. who was set C. setting D. to set
27. If it _______warm yesterday, we would have gone to the beach.
A. were B. had been C. could be D. was
28. He has been very interested in doing research on ___ since he was at high school.
A. biologist B. biological C. biology D. biologically
29. When she came home from school yesterday, her mother ______ in the kitchen.
A. cooked B. was cooking C. is cooking D. cooks
30. It is parents’ duty and responsibility to ___________ hands to take care of their children and give them a happy home.
A. give B. hold C. join D. shake
—(Nội dung đầy đủ, chi tiết phần nội dung của đề thi số 2 vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập vào HỌC247 để tải về máy)—
ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ SỐ 2
Question 1. A
Question 11. A
Question 21. C
Question 2. B
Question 12. D
Question 22. C
Question 3. A
Question 13. D
Question 23. C
Question 4. A
Question 14. D
Question 24. C
Question 5. D
Question 15. D
Question 25. C
Question 6. B
Question 26. D
Question 7. A
Question 17. C
Question 27. B
Question 8. A
Question 18. C
Question 28. C
Question 9. B
Question 19. C
Question 29. B
Question 10. A
Question 20. A
Question 30. C
Question 31. me for inviting her to my birthday party.
Question 32. will be carried into the dinning room.
Question 33. he practiced speaking English, he would speak it fluently.
Question 34. which we are interested in has been discussed in the class./ in which we are interested has been discussed in the class
Question 35. the salary was low, he decided to get the job.
Question 36. called
Question 37. to know
Question 38. launched
Question 39. went
Question 40. sightseeing
3. Đề số 3
ĐỀ THI HỌC KÌ 1 MÔN TIẾNG ANH 12- TRƯỜNG THPT NGUYỄN VIẾT XUÂN- ĐỀ 03
Choose the best answer from the options A, B, C or D
1. Choose the underlined part pronounced differently
A. called B. finished C. missed D. watched
2. Choose the underlined part that has the main stress placed differently
A. compulsory B. academic C. addition D. certificate
3. In Vietnam, each ecademic year starts in September and is _________ into two terms
A. separated B. consisted C. divided D. educated
4. In the school education system in Vietnam, ______ and kingdergarten belong to pre-school stage.
A. nursery B. lower secondary C. upper secondary D. primary education
5. Three ___ subjects in the GCSE examination at the end of this school year are Math, Literature and English.
A. optional B. main C. core D. academic
6. I want to take the _______ examination to the HCM Pedagogy University when finishing the 12th grade
A. entrance B. final C. compulsory D. difficult
7. I think that I have enough qualifications to get that job
A. interview B. certificate C. keeness D. vacancy
8. The boy _______ for the final examination at the moment
A. sits B. is sitting C. sat D. has sat
9. When I ________ the job interview yesterday, my cell phone suddenly ________
A. was attending/ was ringing B. attended/ was ringing
C. was attending/ rang D. attended/ had rung
10. The house __________ by the violent storm last week
A. destroyed B. is destroyed C. destroys D. was destroyed
11. He is reported ________ the CP bank in this town by the police last month
A. robbed B. to rob C. being robbed D. to have robbed
12. Choose the underlined part that needs correcting
Tom decided applying for that job because he can get a high salary to support his family.
13. They spend two weeks _________ all the missions before taking a holiday in Barbados.
A. to finish B. finishing C. finished D. finish
14. Two milllion dollars ______ a suitable amount of money to help the citizens in the disaster.
A. is B. are C. be D. to be
15. Choose the underlined part that needs correcting
There are such many stars in the sky that we cannot know their exact number
16. The ________ is answering the question about the vacancy in the interview room right now#
A. apply B. application C. applicant D. applicants
17. ________ we graduated from the high school, we have not contacted each other
A. When B. Since C. Before D. As
18. Lan said that she had been in the town with her family ________
A. the following week B. the previous week
C. the week after D. the before week
19. Tom _________ me if I would visit him the next day
A. asks B. asked C. had asked D. ask
20. ________ , they wouldn’t be hungry now
A. If they had breakfast this morning B. If they have breakfast this morning
C. Had they had breakfast this morning D. If they ate something this morning
21. The interviewee ______ we have just asked has a profound knowledge about our project
A. whom B. who C. which D. whose
22. The vocational school _______ is being built in this town can bring many benifits to local people
A. where B. which C. when D. whose
23. Peter: “What an attractive hair style you have got, Mary!” Mary: “___________.”
A. Thank you very much. I am afraid
B. You are telling a lie
C. Thank you for your compliment
D. I don’t like your sayings
24. The last time I saw Rose was three years ago.
A. I didn’t see Rose for three years.
B. I haven’t seen Rose three years ago.
C. I haven’t seen Rose since three years.
D. I haven’t seen Rose for three years.
25. I didn’t listen to him and I didn’t succeed.
A. If I listened to him, I would have succeed.
B. If I had listened to him, I’d have succeeded.
C. If I had listened to him, I would succeed.
D. If I listened to him, I would succeed.
26. He gave the information. I wrote it down at once.
A. He gave me the information that I wrote it down at once.
B. He gave me the information, that I wrote down at once.
C. He gave me the information which I wrote it down at once.
D. He gave me the information which I wrote down at once.
27. “If I were you, I’d tell him the truth,” she said to me.
A. She said to me that if I were you, I’d tell him the truth.
B. She will tell him the truth if she is me.
C. She suggested to tell him the truth if she were me.
D. She advised me to tell him the truth.
28. Many people believe that God created the world.
A. It believes that God created the world.
B. The world is believed God created.
C. God is believed to create the world.
D. God is believed to have created the world.
—(Nội dung đầy đủ, chi tiết phần nội dung của đề thi số 3 vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập vào HỌC247 để tải về máy)—
ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ SỐ 3
4. Đề số 4
ĐỀ THI HỌC KÌ 1 MÔN TIẾNG ANH 12- TRƯỜNG THPT NGUYỄN VIẾT XUÂN- ĐỀ 04
PART I: PHONETICS
A. Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
B. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others in each group.
PART II: VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR
5. Some tourists went on the beach;……………….explored the town.
A. others B. another C. the other D. other
6. …………………candidates are likely to succeed in job interviews.
7. The problem of ………………. among young people is hard to solve.
8. Housework is ……….. shared between them.
A. equality B. equal C. equally D. equalizing
9. People think that Peter stole the car.
A. It was thought that Peter stole the car.
B. Peter is thought to have stolen the car.
C. People think the car is stolen by Peter
D. Peter is thought to steal the car
10. Hardly …………..I studied English before I lived here.
A. did B. had C. do D. have
11. I regret not booking the seats in advance.
A. I wish I booked the seats in advance.
B. I wish I have booked the seats in advance.
C. If only I booked the seats in advance.
D. If only I had booked the seats in advance.
12. The first Vietnamese who traveled to the outer space was Pham Tuan.
A. to travel B. traveling C. traveled D. travel
13. He never takes advice,……………..?
A. isn’t he B. is he C. does he D. doesn’t he
14. If you have…………time at the end of the exam, check your answers.
A. a few B. few C. a little D. little
15. Do you know the hotel ….. ?
A. at where she is staying
B. at which she is staying
C. at that she is staying
D. All are correct
16. The roads will be flooded ………..we resurface and raise them.
A. if B. unless C. when D. so
17. “Would you like to have breakfast with me?”
A. Yes, I’d love to
B. I’m very happy
C. Yes, so do I
D. Yes, it is
18. Mary, accompanied by her brothers on the radio, ………very well received at the talent show yesterday.
A. was B. has been C. were D. have been
19. Each of the students…………………….responsible for doing his or her work in the library
A. are B. is C. has D. have
20. By the end of this year, my sister …………..in this company for 10 years.
A. has been working
B. has worked
C. will work
D. will have been working
21. I started doing my homework when I got home from school, but I stopped………..my favorite show.
A. watch B. watching C. to watch D. from watching
22. Mr Nam gets his house…………………….. every year.
A. repaired B. to repair C. repairing D. A&C are correct
23. Peter always feels lonely because he has got ……………. friends.
A. many of B. few C. many D. a great deal of
24. Hue city is famous…………………… its historical vestiges.
A. of B. at C. on D. for
25. ………..Smiths have two children, …………son and…………..daughter.
A. The/ a /a B. the / the / the C. – / a / a D. – / – / –
26. “It was really kind of you to help me.” Mary said to me.
A. Mary thanked me of helping her
B. Mary thanked me for helping her
C. Mary thanked me for helping me
D. Mary thanked me of helping me
27. Barbara ” How stylish your dress is, Cindy!” Cindy: ” ………………………………..”
A. I’m sorry, I’m busy tonight.
B. I’m glad you like it. It’s my birthday gift.
C. That’s a good idea.
D. It was my pleasure.
PART III: FIND OUT THE MISTAKES
28. I’m tired because I’m not used to stay up late.
29. She didn’t understand what you said because her deafness.
30. All of the homework given by our teachers are useful to every student.
31. They said that he couldn’t remember where had he left his car.
PART IV: READING
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to answer the questions.
At the beginning of the nineteenth century, the American educational system was desperately in need of reform. Private schools existed, but only for the very rich. There were very few public schools because of the strong sentiment that children who would grow up to be laborers should not “waste” their time on education but should instead prepare themselves for their life’s work. It was in the face of this public sentiment that educational reformers set about their task. Horace Mann, probably the most famous of the reformers, felt that there was no excuse in a republic for any citizen to be uneducated. As Superintendent of Education in the state of Massachusetts from 1837 to 1848, he initiated various changes, which were soon matched in other school districts around the country. He extended the school year from five to six months and improved the quality of teachers by instituting teacher education and raising teacher salaries. Although these changes did not bring about a sudden improvement in the educational system, they at least increased public awareness as to the need for a further strengthening of the system.
—(Nội dung đầy đủ, chi tiết phần nội dung của đề thi số 4 vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập vào HỌC247 để tải về máy)—
ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ SỐ 4
PART I: PHONETICS
1. C 2. A 3. A 4. D
PART II: VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR (7ms)
5. A 6. C 7. A 8. D 9. B 10. B
11. D 12. A 13. C 14. C 15. B 16. B
17. A 18. A 19. B 20. D 21. C 22. A
23. B 24. D 25. A 26. B 27. B 28. C
29. C 30. B 31. C
PART III: READING
32. C 33. B 34. B 35. A 36. C
PART IV: WRITING
1. I could not give you a lift because my car broke down yesterday.
=> If my car hadn’t broken down yesterday, I could have given you a lift.
2. “Don’t forget to learn your lessons”, the teacher said to me.
=> The teacher reminded me to learn my lessons.
3. Nobody has used this room for ages.
=> This room hasn’t been used for ages.
4. Because the traffic was heavy, Tom was worried.
=> Because of the heavy traffic, Tom was worried.
5. Đề số 5
ĐỀ THI HỌC KÌ 1 MÔN TIẾNG ANH 12- TRƯỜNG THPT NGUYỄN VIẾT XUÂN- ĐỀ 05
Question 1: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer in the following question.
Many young people have objected to ______ marriage, which is decided by the parents of the bride and groom.
A. contractual B. shared C. romantic D. sacrificed
Question 2: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in the following question.
The US troops are using much more sophisticated weapons in the Far East.
C. simple and easy to use
D. difficult to operate
Question 3: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the most suitable response to complete the following exchange.
– “What an attractive hair style you have got, Mary!” – “____________”.
A. I don’t like your sayings
B. Thank you for your compliment
C. Thank you very much. I am afraid
D. You are telling a lie
Question 4: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer in the following question.
If there __________, the rice fields could have been more productive.
A. were enough water
B. would be enough water
C. are enough water
D. had been enough water
Question 5: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in the following question.
We all know that we have to work hardly to earn a living ourselves and support the family.
Question 6: Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to the following question.
“I would be grateful if you could send me further information about the job.”, Lee said to me.
A. Lee thanked me for sending him further information about the job.
B. Lee felt great because further information about the job had been sent to him.
C. Lee politely asked me to send him further information about the job.
D. Lee flattered me because I sent him further information about the job.
Question 7: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following question.
She tried very hard to pass the driving test. She could hardly pass it.
A. Although she didn‘t try hard to pass the driving test, she could pass it.
B. Despite being able to pass the driving test, she didn‘t pass it.
C. No matter how hard she tried, she could hardly pass the driving test.
D. She tried very hard, so she passed the driving test satisfactorily.
Question 8: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in the following question.
Face-to-face socializing is not as preferred as virtual socializing among the youth.
A. Direct B. Facial C. Available D. Instant
Question 9: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in the following question.
A. office B. express C. comment D. effort
Question 10: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in the following question.
A. agree B. conduct C. Chinese D. oblige
Question 11: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer in the following question.
You are old enough to take _______ for what you have done.
A. responsible B. responsibility C. responsibly D. irresponsible
Question 12: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer in the following question.
If you practice regularly, you can learn this language skill in short _______ of a time.
A. period B. aspect C. arrangement D. activity
Question 13: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer in the following question.
The boy to______ I lent my money is poor.
A. who B. which C. that D. whom
Question 14: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer in the following question.
The new computer system ___________ next month.
A. is be installed B. is been installed
C. is being installed by people D. is being installed
Question 15: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer in the following question.
My parents reminded me ________ the flowers
A. to plant B. remember to plant C. not plant D. planting
Question 16: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in the following question.
The last week of classes is always very busy because students are taking examinations, making applications to the University, and extending their visas.
A. prolific B. eccentric C. fanatic D. hectic
Question 17: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in the following question.
They had the volume turned down, so I couldn’t make out what they were talking about.
A. reduced the noise
B. increased the noise
C. limited the noise
D. controlled the noise
Question 18: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in the following question.
A. pressure B. hurry C. rush D. under
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 19 to 26.
Who talk more – men or women? Most people believe that women talk more. However, linguist Deborah Tannen, who has studied the communication style of men and women, says that this is a stereotype. According to Tannen, women are more verbal – talk more – in private situations, where they use conversation as the “glue” to hold relationships together. But, she says, men talk more in public situations, where they use conversation to exchange information and gain status. Tannen points out that we can see these differences even in children. Little girls often play with one “best friend”, their play includes a lot of conversation. Little boys often play games in groups; their play usually involves more doing than talking. In school, girls are often better at verbal skills, boys are often better at mathematics. A recent study at Emory University helps to shed light on the roots of this difference. Researchers studied conversation between children age 3-6 and their parents. They found evidence that parents talk very differently to their son than they do to their daughters. The startling conclusion was that parents use more language with their girls. Specifically, when parents talk with their daughters, they use more descriptive language and more details. There is also far more talk about emotions, especially sadness, with daughters than with sons.
Question 19: Which sentence best expresses the main idea of the first paragraph?
A. Women talk more than men.
B. It’s stereotype that women talk more than men.
C. Women talk more in private, and men talk more in public
D. Little girls and little boys have different ways of playing.
Question 20: Which sentence best expresses the main idea of the second paragraph?
A. Parents do not talk much about sadness with their sons.
B. Researchers have studied the conversations of children and their parents.
C. Study at Emory University can help to explain the differences between communication styles of boys and girls.
D. An Emory University found that parents talk more with their daughters than with their sons.
Question 21: Which of the following statements can be inferred from the first paragraph?
A. Women talk more in some situations, men talk more in others.
B. Men and women have different styles of talking, which may begin in childhood.
C. According to Deborah Tannen, the belief that women talk more is partly right but most wrong and oversimplified.
D. Men are more sociable than women
Question 22: Which of the following statements is TRUE about the passage?
A. Girls are thought to be more talkative than boys.
B. Parents give more love to their daughters than their sons.
C. Parents use more language to talk with their daughters.
D. Boys don’t like showing their emotions.
Question 23: Which of the following statements can be inferred from the second paragraph?
A. Boys don’t like to be with their parents as much as girls do.
B. A recent study found that parents talk differently to their sons and daughters.
C. Parents don’t enjoy talking with their sons as much as with their daughters.
D. Girls have more practice discussing sadness than boys do.
Question 24: Which word could best replace “startling”?
A. interesting B. annoying C. surprising D. beginning
Question 25: Which word is similar in meaning to “glue” in the first paragraph?
A. game B. sticky substance C. rope D. means
Question 26: Which of the following phrases best explains the meaning of the word “verbal”?
A. being very talkative
B. deriving from verbs
C. connected with the use of spoken language
D. using very loud noise
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 27 to 31.
Many people love boats. Going out on the water (27)_______ a warm summer day is a lot of fun. (28)_______ , different people like different kinds of boats. Two of the most popular kinds of boat are sailboats and speedboats. Sailboats use the (29) _______to give them power. They only have small engines. In contrast, speedboats have large engines and go very fast. Furthermore, speedboats are usually not as (30)_______ as sailboats. Speedboats are small so that they can go fast. Sailboats, on the other hand, are big so that they are more comfortable. (31)_______, sailboats can travel into the ocean, but this would be very dangerous in a speedboat. You can only use speedboats on rivers or lakes.
—(Nội dung đầy đủ, chi tiết phần nội dung của đề thi số 5 vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập vào HỌC247 để tải về máy)—
ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ SỐ 5
1B; 2D; 3A; 4A; 5A; 6C; 7C; 8D; 9A; 10D
11A; 12B; 13A; 14C; 15B; 16D; 17A; 18B; 19D
20C; 22A; 21B; 23C; 24B; 25D; 26C; 27B; 28A; 29C
30A; 31B; 32C; 33D; 34B; 35D; 36B; 37B; 38A; 39C
40D; 41B; 42C; 43C; 44D; 45 D; 46 D; 47 A; 48 A; 49 C; 50 A
Trên đây là trích đoạn một phần bộ nội dung Bộ 5 đề thi HK1 môn Tiếng Anh 12 có đáp án năm 2021-2022 Trường THPT Nguyễn Viết Xuân. Để xem toàn bộ nội dung các em chọn chức năng xem online hoặc đăng nhập vào trang hoc247.net để tải tài liệu về máy tính.
Mời các em tham khảo tài liệu có liên quan:
Hy vọng bộ đề thi này sẽ giúp các em học sinh ôn tập tốt và đạt thành tích cao trong kì thi sắp tới.