TRƯỜNG THPT ĐÔNG ĐÔ
ĐỀ THI GIỮA HỌC KÌ 1 NĂM HỌC 2020-2021
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH 10
(Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút, không kể thời gian phát đề)
A. Multiple choices:
2. A. eat
Đáp án: 1. D; 2. B
3. A. determined
4. A. water
Đáp án: 3. A; 4. D
5. He was busy ……………his homework
B. to do
C. that he was doing
D. he was doing
6. Mr. Pike ………………English in our school for twenty-five years and he ……………next month
A. teaches/ retires
B. has taught/ will retire
C. is teaching/ is going to retire
D. taught / is retiring
7. We look forward to ………………….that film, which has been praised by several film reviewers.
8. We will see Paul in May when he ………………back
B. will come
C. will have come
9. I’d rather ………………at home than go out tonight
A. to stay
10. The man looked familiar. I …………………….him somewhere before
B. have seen
C. had seen
11. After every semester some best students are always ……………prizes and scholarship
12. The last time I ……………to shopping mall was 2 weeks ago.
C. has gone
D. was going
13. Building more roads may ……………….traffic problems
14. The man: “………………..did I take you to get used to wearing glasses?”
The woman : “One month”
A. How long
B. How often
C. How much
D. How far
15. That girl is always determined to do anything she wants. She’s a ………….. woman
16. John isn’t contented ……………….his present salary.
17. Our main objective is to ………………..educational standards
18. “Do you often play tennis now?” – “I ………………, but I don’t any more now”
A. am used to
B. was used to
C. used to
D. used to be
* Closest meaning
19. The fire alarm went off when smoke rose
20. During his break, Mr. Pike is used to drinking tea with his fellow peasants
21. Jane : What’s your father occupation?
A. He usually drive to work
B. He is a doctor
C. He usually do not much
D. Nothing much. He always sleeps until noon.
22. –Wendy : “How often did your family travel to your hometown?”
– Mark : “…………………………….”
A. We didn’t come back our hometown yesterday
B. We used to comeback our hometown once a week
C. Oh, We miss my hometown so much
D. My hometown is a coastal province
Đáp án: 19. C; 20. B; 21. B; 23. B
* Check Error
23. While listening (A) to (B) music, I heard (C) someone knocked on the door.
24. In order not to (A) forget doing (B) that, I’ll put a (C) string around my finger (D)
25. Surprisingly (A), someone had changed (B) the curtains before (C) I had arrived (D)
Đáp án: 23. D; 24. B; 25. D
Michael Faraday, at English experimental physicist, was the son of a poor blacksmith. He had very little schooling and had to work in a book binder’s at an early age. He worked hard all day and studied at night. One day, a man who came to the shop was very surprised (26) …………….. that the boy was very interested in studying a very difficult (27)……………….. like physics and electricity. He talked to Faraday and learned that they boy (28)…………………….. already been making some experiments although he was too poor to have anything but a home –make battery. The man gave Faraday some tickets for the lectures delivered by the famous scientist at the time, Sir Humphry Davy. Faraday was very happy to go. he made careful note of what he had heard, and at the end of the lectures, he sent his note to the great (29)………….. and asked for a job in his laboratory. Later, Sir Humphy Davy made him his assistant and this began his scientific (30)………………..
26. A. saw B. seeing C. seen D. to see
27. A. game B. subject C. hobby D. object
28. A. has B. have C. had D. having
29. A. vet B. scientist C. dentist D. specialist
30.A. time B. century C. career D. living
Đáp án: 26. B; 27. B; 28. C; 29. B; 30. C
Many people now think that teachers give students too much homework. They saw that it is unnecessary for children to work at home in their free time. Moreover, they argue that most teachers do not properly plan the homework tasks they give to students. The result is that students have to repeat tasks which they have already done at school.
Recently in Greece many parents complained about the difficult homework which teachers gave to their children. The parents said that most of the homework was a waste of time, and they wanted to stop it. Spain and Turkey are two countries which stopped homework recently. In Denmark, Germany and several other countries in Europe, teachers cannot set homework at weekends. In Holland, teachers allow students to stay at school to do their homework. The children are free to help one another. Similar arrangements also exist in some British schools.
Most people agree that homework is unfair. A student who can do his homework in a quiet and comfortable room is in a much better position than a student who does his homework in a small, noisy room with the television on. Some parents help their children with their homework. Other parents take no interest at all in their children’s homework.
It is important, however, that teachers talk to parents about homework. A teacher should suggest suitable tasks for parents to do with their children. Parents are often better at teaching their own children!
31. According to the winter,……………………………
A. many parents would like their children to have less homework
B. homework is unnecessary for children
C. parents think that students should have to do a lot of work in their leisure time
D. teachers used to give their students less homework than they do now
32. In which countries is homework completely stopped?
A. Spain and Holland
B. Turkey and Spain
C. Turkey and Greece
D. Holland and Britain
33. What does “set” in paragraph 2 mean?
34. ……………………think homework is fair.
A. many people
B. Only a small number of people
C. The majority of people
D. Almost all people
35. According to the passage, teachers should……………………
A. advise parents about how to work together with their children at home
B. plan the homework tasks more carefully
C. allow students to stay at school to do their homework
D. not give their students too much homework
Đáp án 31. B; 32. B; 33. A; 34. B; 35. A
Give the correct word form:
36. Nowadays, more and more young people want to have a university …………………. (educate)
37. It is surprising that you’ve never tried to play football ………………………(profession)
38. She looks older than her real age and I really admire her ………………… (mature)
Đáp án: 36. education; 37. professional; 38. maturation
Give the correct prepositions:
39. He took …………that position that his father had obtained at the college
40. It’s impossible …………….her to complete the mission before Monday
Đáp án: 39. over; 40. for
—(Nội dung đầy đủ, chi tiết phần đáp án của đề thi số 1 vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập để tải về máy)—
A. Listen to a woman talking to a policeman, choose A, B, C
1. How much money was in the bag?
2. What else was in the bag?
A. credit card
B. driving licence
3. The bag was ___________.
4. What time did the woman lose the bag?
5. The policeman will telephone her in the
B. You are going to hear two people talking about a holiday problem. For questions 1-5, choose the answer that matches what you heard by circling the appropriate letter (A,B or C). (1.18 Smart Time)
1. Where did Sandy go on holiday?
2. Sandy thought that the hotel room was
3. Sandy moved to
A. a different hotel.
B. a campsite.
C. an apartment.
4. What was the weather like during Sandy’s holiday?
A. It rained.
B. It was cold
C. It was very hot
5. How did Sandy’s brother spend his time on holiday?
A. H e went sunbathing.
B. He went sightseeing.
C. He did water sports.
A. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounce differently from that of the others.
1. A got
2. A. return
B. Choose the word whose stress pronounced differently from the others.
3. A. computer
4. A. effort
Đáp án: 1 – D; 2 – A; 3 – C; 4 – D
III. VOCABULARY,GRAMMAR AND SPEAKING.
A. Choose the one word or phrase-A, B, C, D-that best completes the sentences.
5. Without the Braille Alphabet, it would be very difficult for____________.
A. the disabled
B. the deaf
C. the mute
D. the blind
6. Nha Trang has become a well- known tourism centre with its places of _________ beauty.
7. It is important for teachers to find a teaching method which is suitable with mentally _____children.
8. She is very _______ in playing computer games online. It is not a good habit.
9. John is always late for class, ___________ annoys the teacher.
10. The woman__________ lives next door to us is a weather forecaster on a local TV station.
11. Now Dave is a cashier in a supermarket. He____________in a factory.
A. uses to work
B. used to working
C. used to work
D. uses to working
12. The new school _________ for 2 years.
B. has built
C. is built
D. has been built
13. Can you tell me what a vacuum cleaner is used ________?
14. Our class __________ a picnic at Huong Pagoda this Saturday.
A. am having
B. will has
C. is going to have
D. go to have
15. John _______ me since he moved to London last year.
A. has not phoned
B. didn’t phone
C. doesn’t phone
D. had not phoned
16. The room hasn’t been used _________ last year.
17. Last night, I couldn’t sleep well_____________ the noise.
B. in spite of
D. because of
18. The rich____________to help the poor.
B. Identify the one underlined word or phrase- A, B, C, D-that must be changed for the sentence to be correct.
19. Jill can’t talk to (A) Bill despite (B) she loves (C) him very much (D).
20. Where did you used (A) to live (B) before you came (C) here (D)?
Đáp án: 19 – B; 20 – A
IV. READING COMPREHESION.
Reading the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Alexander Graham Bell was born in Edinburgh, Scotland, in the nineteenth century, and later came to the United States. Several members of his family did a great deal to encourage him to the field of science. His father was the most instrumental by supervising his work with the deaf. While he dealt with the deaf, his studies led him to the invention of the multiple telegraph and to his greatest invention – the telephone. The last quarter century of his life was dedicated to advances in aviation.
21. What was considered to be Alexander Graham Bell’s greatest invention?
C. multiple telegraph
22. To what did Bell dedicate the last years of his life?
23. How many years did Bell dedicate to aviation?
24. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. Bell wasn’t encouraged in the field of science.
B. Bell worked with the deaf.
C. Bell invented the multiple telegraph.
D. Bell invented the telephone.
Đáp án: 21 – B; 22 – D; 23 – A; 24 – A
V. WRITING – Rewrite the sentences using given words.
—(Nội dung đầy đủ, chi tiết phần đáp án của đề thi số 2 vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập để tải về máy)—
Choose the correct answer.
Q1: The man ___________is talking to your sister is my uncle.
Q2: In spite of her deafness, she played the violin very well.
A. inability to hear
B. inability to see
C. inability to speak
D. mentally impairment
Q3: She came to the party in baggy jeans, ………………….. surprised everybody there.
Q4: We ………….a party next Sunday, would you like to come ?
B. will have
C. are having
D. is going to have
Q5: My mother………………….. a doctor.
A. used to be
B. uses to be
C. use to being
D. use to be
Q6: He is……………………on the computer.
A. used to work
B. used to working
D. use to work
Q7: Mary and John are meeting at the cinema.
Mary: “Hi, John. How are you?” John: “______. And you?”
A. Fine, thanks
B. I’m thirty-five years old
C. I’m free today
D. I’m not working today
Q8: The…………..are those who do not have a job.
Q9: I feel tired. I think I ………………………….sick.
A. won’t be
B. am going to be
C. will be
D. am being
Q10: I …………………..English since 2015.
A. have been taught
B. has taught
D. have taught
Q11: These are the books ___________ my father likes very much.
D. A & B are correct
Q12: Mr.Cuong and his students are visiting the zoo.
Nam: “Can I feed the gorilla, Mrs Smith?”
Mr.Cuong : “______. The sign says ‘No feeding the animals’.”
A. Of course you can
B. I don’t think it works
C. I’m sure about that
D. I’m afraid not
Q13: This is the boy __________ I met yesterday .
Q14: I work from Tuesday to Saturday, and Sunday and Monday are my……………
A. days out
B. working days
C. days off
Choose the word whose underlined part has a different pronunciation from the others
Q15: A. disable
Q16: A. cartoon
Q17: A. children
Q18: A. helped
Choose the underlined part that needs correction.
Q19. My (A) house has painted (B) since (C) last Tuesday (D).
Q20: Jane couldn’t come (A) to my birthday party, this (B) made me (C) feel (D) sad.
Choose the correct word(s) for each of the blanks
A computer is an electronic ___(21)___, which executes software programs. It consists __(22)__ 2 parts hardware and __(23)__ . The computer processes input through input devices like mouse and keyboard. The computer displays output through output devices like color monitor and printer. The size of a computer varies considerably from very __(24)__ to very big. The speed of computers also has a very large range. Computers have become indispensable in today’s world. Millions of people use computers all over the world.
Q21. A. device
Q22. A. for
Q23. A. mouse
Q24. A. slim
Read the passage carefully, then choose the one best answer A, B, C or D.
For the last few months I have spent every Saturday in my flat and have done nothing more exciting than work at home, read the newspapers and watch television. I had begun feeling, bored with this and so, last weekend I though I would do something different. I rang up several of my friends and we decided to go to London for the day. I was really excited as I hadn’t been to London since I was ten. We decided to go by coach as this was by far the cheapest means of transport that was available even though it meant that we needed to get up very early. Once in London we decided to take a sightseeing tour as we wanted to see some of the famous buildings. After the tour we bought some sandwiches and ate them in a small park. In the afternoon two of us went shopping and the others went to the theater. We met up again at 6:30 p.m. and went to a small restaurant in Soho. The meal was really good but, unfortunately, it took much longer than we had expected. We had to get a taxi back to the coach station. Luckily, we got there just two minutes before our coach left.
Q25. According to the passage the writer __________.
A. usually spends his weekend at home.
B. went to London with some of his friends.
C. has lived in London for ten years.
D. feels bored with his life.
Q26. He felt so excited about going to London because __________.
A. he hadn’t been there before.
B. he hadn’t been there for ten years.
C. he went there ten years ago.
D. he hadn’t been there for a long time.
Q27. Why did they decide to go by coach?
A. Because it was available.
B. Because they wanted to start early.
C. Because other means of transport were more expensive.
D. Because it was one of the most efficient means of transport.
Q28. Which of the following is true?
A. They all went shopping before going to theater.
B. They made a sightseeing tour of London and then had lunch.
C. They had lunch in a small restaurant.
D. They left the city at 6:30 p.m.
Listen to the passage and find out the missing words.
A. Good morning. This is an ………..( 29)…….. for all passengers travelling on the …………..(30)………. flight TOM1223 to Rome. This flight is delayed by two hours because of bad weather.
B. Would all passengers travelling to Tokyo on flight …….(31)……please have your boarding passes and passports ready for boarding. Flight FR3421 now boarding at gate ……( 32)…………
—(Nội dung đầy đủ, chi tiết phần đáp án của đề thi số 3 vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập để tải về máy)—
1C 2A 3D 4C 5A 6B 7A 8B 9B 10D 11D 12D 13A 14C 15A 16D 17A 18B 19B 20B 21A 22C 23D 24B 25B 26D 27C 28B
Q37 – How long have you learnt English?
Q38 – Jane is always for the class, which annoys her teacher.
Q39 – The women whom he loves has two sons.
Q40 – What do you buy these books for?
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. private B. brilliant C. pressure D. prepare
2. A. lunch B. umbrella C. fun D. tutor
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the rest.
3. A. breadwinner B. acupuncture C. disease D. allergy
4. A. contribute B. disease C. digestive D. laundry
USE OF LANGUAGE
Choose the best answer for each of the following sentences.
5. Be quiet! Someone _____ at the front door. I ______ it.
A. has knocked / am going to answer B. is knocking / will answer
C. knocks / am answering D. is knocking / answer
6. After eating dinner, I have to do the ____ and then do my homework every day.
A. washing – up B. wash – up C. washing – ups D. washings – up
7. These flowers are fresh. They ____ from the garden.
A. have just been picked B. have been just picked
C. have been picked just D. just have been picked
8. My mother and I often go to the supermarket to shop for _____ at weekends.
A. cook B. groceries C. heavy lifting D. the chores
9. My boyfriend intends to have a part – time job. He ______ in a restaurant in the summer.
A. will work B. is going to work C. works D. shall work
10. In my family, my father always takes charge of doing the ____ lifting.
A. strong B. hard C. heavy D. huge
11. Everyone in my family has to do the share of ______ because my parents go out to work.
A. household chores B. happiness C. responsibility D. employment
12. As soon as he ______, I _____ you a phone call.
A. is going to come / give B. will come / am going to give
C. comes / will give D. will come / will give
13. The human ____ system is a series of organs responsible for taking in oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide.
A. circulatory B. digestive C. nervous D. respiratory
14. If people breathe in deeply, their ____ can expand to twice their normal size.
A. hearts B. kidneys C. lungs D. stomachs
15. Acupuncture can treat from simple to complicated ailments.
A. diseases B. acupoints C. points D. treatments
16. Food is broken down and converted into energy in the ____ system.
A. circulatory B. skeletal C. digestive D. respiratory
17. When acupuncture ____ correctly, it is very safe for patients.
A. will be performed B. is performed C. will have performed D. performs
18. – Mother: “Haven’t you tidied up your room yet?” – Son: “____”
A. I will, after I do all the exercises in my textbook. C. The more I tidy, the worse it gets.
B. I have my hands full with my tidying. D. Why don’t you give me a hand with cleaning?
Find the mistake in each sentence.
19. The workshop is so interesting that we aren’t wanting to leave now.
A B C D
20. Doing crossword puzzles surely has beneficial effects to our brain’s memory.
A B C D
Give the correct word form of the words in brackets.
21. Be _________ (care) not to wake the baby.
22. I have ___________ (responsible) for clearing up the room after the class.
Read the passage carefully and then choose the best option (A, B, C or D) to each question.
Lora: I might retire early. I don’t know. I’m 55 and my husband retired last year. He spends most of his time in the garden. I’d really like to be there with him though I am not quite fond of the tasks. I’m definitely going to learn a new language. I hate going abroad and speaking English.
Cass: I’m only 26, so I’m not going to retire soon! In fact I want to have more chances to earn our living. Jaime and I are going to have a baby next year and we’re really excited about that. We want to have a big family and live in a big house. Then, when I retire, my children and grandchildren will all be able to stay.
Sue: Well, Roger and I don’t agree about retiring. I love work and I don’t want to retire! I know I won’t have anything to do.
Roger: I asked my boss at work recently and I might be able to retire next year. I might buy a house in France and spend the time that my family deserved to have with me long before. I’d love to have my first long-awaited visit to Paris with my wife one day.
Linda: I want to retire as soon as possible. I have three sons and now I don’t even have time to play with them. They will become mature very soon and don’t want to spend quality time with me. I can’t stand the thought.
23. The reason Lora looks forward to her retirement is because _____.
A. her husband has already retired
B. she likes doing gardening
C. she hates travelling abroad
D. she likes to learn English
24. Which of the following is NOT true about Cass?
A. His baby is born the following year
B. He wants his family to live in a big house.
C. He wants to retire soon
D. He wants to earn more money
25. Who does NOT want to retire shortly?
A. Linda B. Sue C. Roger D. Lora
26. Roger _____.
A. has spent enough time with his family already
B. will ask his boss for retirement next year
C. has never been to Paris before
D. doesn’t want to go to Paris
27. The word “mature” in the passage is closest in meaning to ____.
A. old B. grown – up C. childish D. young
Read the passage below and choose the best answer (A, B, C or D) to each gap.
One of the best things you can do for your body is exercise. But how (28) ____ is enough? Some people think that doing simple things like cleaning the house is helpful. Other people do heavy exercises every day, (29) ___ instance, running or swimming. One thing experts do agree on is that (30) ___ kind of exercise is good for you.
Along with exercise, having a healthy diet can help promote good health. Foods like vegetables and fruit should (31) ___ several times each day. It is also important to eat foods high in fiber such as beans, grains, fruit and vegetables. Fibers helps your body to (32) ___ the food you eat. It also helps your body in other ways such as decreasing the chance of getting some cancers, hearts disease and diabetes.
28. A. far B. many C. more D. much
29. A. by B. for C. in D. with
30. A. all B. any C. both D. some
31. A. eat B. eating C. been eaten D. be eaten
32. A. consume B. digest C. pump D. spoil
—(Nội dung đầy đủ, chi tiết phần đáp án của đề thi số 4 vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập để tải về máy)—
1B 2D 3C 4D 5B 6A 7A 8B 9B 10C 11A 12C 13D 14C 15A 16C 17B 18A 19C 20C
23A 24C 25B 26C 27B 28D 29B 30B 31D 32B
33. In case of emergency, electricity and water will be provided from other sources.
34. Is it going to rain soon as the forecast said last night?
35. The shop is being run by a temporary manager at the moment.
36. He is always borrowing my things without asking.
Trên đây là một phần trích đoạn nội dung Bộ 4 đề thi giữa HK1 môn Tiếng Anh 10 có đáp án năm 2021-2022 Trường THPT Đông Đô. Để xem toàn bộ nội dung các em chọn chức năng xem online hoặc đăng nhập vào trang hoc247.net để tải tài liệu về máy tính.
Mời các em tham khảo các tài liệu có liên quan
Hy vọng bộ đề thi này sẽ giúp các em học sinh ôn tập tốt và đạt thành tích cao trong kì thi sắp tới.