TRƯỜNG THPT HỒNG HÀ
ĐỀ THI GIỮA HỌC KÌ 1 NĂM HỌC 2020-2021
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH 11
(Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút, không kể thời gian phát đề)
PART A: MULTIPLE CHOICE (7 MARKS)
Read the passage and choose the best answer for each question.
This is part of a report by the Chairman of the Charities Commitee of a Club.
By Match this year, we shall have raised enough money, we hope, to buy the equipment for the Youth Club. When we have raised the money, we are planning to go back to the Youth Club leaders in order to discover exactly what is needed most. Plans have been made for the Book Sale which will be held on 15th February, This means that many of us will be spending the first two weeks of February collecting books. The event is likely to be held in the Town Hall. If there are problems here, however, we hope that other Club members might come up with some alternative suggestions.
As we are proposing to sponsor a student from Africa on a three-month language course in this country, we also intend to hold a Charity Dance in the spring. Such events are apt to be difficult to organize, so all members of the Club are invited to contribute or help in any way they can.
The moment I was asked if we could possibly help in some way with the new Club for the Disabled. I said yes. As Chairman, lam bound to say that this is the sort of social work many Club members would like to do, other than simply raising money. We are therefore planning to ask members if they can perhaps help out ‘on one Saturday every month (on a rota basis).
Finally, by January next year the Club will have been going for twenty years, and the Committee intend to mark this anniversary with some kind of dinner, a dance or a party. We have already been offered (unofficially) the use of the dance all at ‘The Forest Hotel’. However, we shall be devoting one of our meetings in the near future to full discussion on the form of the event, etc. Any suggestions will be welcome.
Question 1: The Committee will be going back to the Youth Club leaders_______________ .
A. to ask for money in March B. to tell them about the equipment
C. to find out what the Club needs D. to collect old books from them
Question 2: The Committee does not yet know_____________ .
A. when books will be collected
B. when the Book Sale will be held
C. how to get the book to the Town Hall
D. where the Book Sale will take place
Question 3: Every Club member has been asked____________ .
A. to help with the Charity Dance
B. to sponsor a foreign student
C. to write to an African student
D. to organize something for the Dance
Question 4: In order to help the new Club for Disabled, members will be asked________________ .
A. to raise some money B. to make a contribution
C. if they can plan a Club program D. to help at the Club one a month
Question 5: There will be an event next January____________ .
A. because the Club has been offered ‘the Forest Hotel’
B. to celebrate the Club’s twentieth birthday
C. to raise money for a student from Africa
D. which will take the form of a discussion evening
Choose ONE sentence that is closest in meaning with the original one.
Question 6: It’s a long time since I saw a movie.
A. I spent a long time looking for a movie to see.
B. I have seen some movies so far.
C. I haven’t seen movie for a long time.
D. I saw a movie that took very long time.
Question 7:1 was eager to catch the bus in good time because I had been told off the day before for arriving late.
A. Having been told off the day before for arriving late, I was eager to catch the bus in good time.
B. Being the day before for arriving late, I was eager to catch the bus in good time.
C. Telling the day before for arriving late, I was eager to catch the bus in good time.
D. Arriving late, I was eager to catch the bus in good time.
Choose the best answer to complete each sentence or replace the underlined words or phrases. Question 8: We wish you both-health and longevity.
A. long life B. happy life C. easy life D. exciting life
Question 9: 1 looked everywhere but I couldn’t find_____________ at all.
A. no one B. anyone C. someone D. somebody
Question 10: Tet is really a time of fun and____________ throughout the country.
A. holidays B. celebrations C. preparations D. festivals
Question 11: He has a very outgoing____________ and makes friends very easily.
A. person B. personal C. personality D. personage
Question 12: A: “Would you like to have dinner with me?” —B:_____________ .
A. Yes, it is. B. I’m very happy.
C. Yes, I’d love to. D. Yes, so do 1.
Question 13: The girl was so___________ that she didn’t look at him in the face.
A. shy B. confident C. impatient D. sneaky
Question 14: These anniversaries mark the milestones of a happy and lasting relationship between married couples.
A. signs B. achievements C. landmarks D. progresses
Question 15: “When are you having your birthday party?” – “_____________ .”
A. In a restaurant B. Sounds interesting
C. Next weekend D. So funny
Question 16: Tuan: “What kind of volunteer work are you participating in?”
Lan: “________ .”
A. Taking care of old and sick people
B. Asking them for some money
C. Telling them about my problems
D. Going shopping every day
Question 17: Sally’s low test scores kept her from_____________ to the university.
B. to admit
C. to be admitted
D. being admitted
Question 18: I got my friend________
A. to let me to borrow
B. to let me borrow
C. let me borrow
D. let me to borrow
Question 19: Before he turned 14, Mozart __________
A. has composed
B. had composed
C. was composed
D. would composed
Question 20: I travel by bus as a last resort.
A. I always travel by bus.
B. Traveling by bus is my favorite.
C. I resort to bus when I am the last to come.
D. I only travel by bus when there’re no other alternatives.
Question 21: When he realised that T___________ at him, he_________ away.
A. looked – was turning
B. was looking – turned
C. was looking – was turning
D. looked – turned
Choose the underlined word or phrase that needs correcting.
Question 22: In science, the results of an experiment are not generally accepted until they had been ABC duplicated in other laboratories.
Question 23: John lived in New York since 1960 to 1975, but he is now living in Detroit.
Question 24: Rita asked me why didn’t 1 ask for my money back if I was unhappy with my new car.
Choose the word whose primary stress is pronounced differently from that of the others.
Question 25: A. expert B. control C. limit D. injury
—(Nội dung đầy đủ, chi tiết phần đáp án của đề thi số 1 vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập để tải về máy)—
PART A: MULTIPLE CHOICE (7 MARKS)
PART B: WRITING (3 MARKS)
Rewrite or combine the following (pair of) sentences with the words given in the way that the rewritten one is closest in meaning to the original one.
Question 29: Anne asked Jane what she would do/ would have done if she were having/ had been having a problem with grammar.
Question 30: Seeing the dog coming towards her, she quickly crossed the road.
Question 31: Changes to the taxation system are expected to be proposed by the government.
Write the correct form of the words in brackets.
Question 32: I haven’t got a picture of this so you’ll just have to use your imagination, (immagine)
Rewrite the following sentences with the words given in brackets in the way that the rewritten one is closest in meaning to the original one.
Question 33: Dane congratulated me on winning the championship.
Question 34: If we lived in a big city, we could easily get access to the Internet.
A/ Tự luận (6 điểm)
Đọc kỹ đoạn văn rồi trả lòi các câu hỏi ở dưới. (2 điểm)
A national park is large piece of land, ỉn the park, animals are free to come and go. Trees and plants grow everywhere. People go to a national park to enjoy nature. Many people stay in campgrounds in national parks. They sleep in tents and cook their food over campfires. They also walk on trails or paths in the park.
Yellowstone is the world’s oldest national park. It became a national park in 1872. It is also the world’s largest park.
Yellowstone is famous for its geysers. These holes in the ground shoot hot water into the air. There are about seventy geysers in the park. The most famous is Old Faithful. About every hour Old Faithful shoots hot water hundreds of feet into the air.
Two-and-a half million people visit this beautiful park each year. Visitors are not allowed to pick the flowers. They must not feed or hunt the animals, either.
Câu 1: Ts Yellowstone the smallest national park in the world?
Câu 2: Why do people go to a national park?
Câu 3: What mustn’t visitors do in Yellowstone?
Câu 4: How many geysers does Yellowstone have?
II. Viết lại các câu sau theo yêu cầu trong ngoặc. (3 điểm)
1. The student wrote an outstanding paper. He was awarded a prize for it. (nối câu dùng giói từ đặt trưóc đại từ quan hệ)
2. Mr. Edwards looks much nicer without his beard. His beard made him look much older, (nốỉ câu thành mệnh đề quan hệ)
3. The car belongs to Mr. Pike. Its brake are being repaired (nối câu thành mệnh đề quan hệ)
4. He collects the things which was thrown away everywhere, (rút gọn mệnh đề quan hệ)
5. We found the fifth person that survived after the earthquake, (rút gọn mệnh đề quan hệ)
6. The street which runs through the village was built 200 years ago. (rút gọn mệnh đề quan hệ)
III. Dùng các từ gọi ý viết thành câu có nghĩa hoàn chỉnh. (1 điểm)
1. I / fail / send / some / document / last week //
2. Bach Ma National Park / be located I central Vietnam/ the province / Thua Thien Hue
B/ Trắc nghiệm (4 điểm)
Chọn từ mà có trọng âm chính được nhẩn khác với các từ còn lại.
1. A. animal B. species c. human D. survive
2. A. devastate B. ecologist c. maintenance D. pesticide
Chọn từ mà có phần gạch dưói được phát âm khác vói các từ còn lại.
3. A. discharge B. change c. chemical D. feature
4. A. scene B. scheme c. skiing D. scan
Chọn từ hơặc cụm từ (A, B, C, hoặc D) mà có nghĩa gần nhất với từ hoặc cụm từ đã gạch dưới.
5. We were notified that the power would be cut off if we didn’t pay the bill at once.
A. informed B. reported c. warned D. advised
6. In our time, people depend on unlimited energy to power their everyday lives.
A. potential B. powerful c. infinite D. enormous
Chọn câu trả lời đúng nhất (A, B, c, hoặc D) đế hoàn thành câu.
7. Marie Curie,__________ discovered_________ radium, was the first woman in France to be a university professor.
A. that B. which c. whose D. who
8. People wish that human beings, animals and plants would peacefully______________
A. live B. exist c. coexist D. inhabit
9. When we use a word_________ meaningis not certain, we may be asked to define it.
A. whose B. where c. which D. that
10. The natural environment consists___________ all natural resources.
A. in B. of c. to D. on
11. I don’t know the reason she hasn’t talked to me recently.
A. about which B. on which c. of which D. for which
12. People are destroying the environment by adding____________ to it.
A. pollutions B. pollutants c. pollutes D. pollutives
13. “Could you get to the park before 3 o’clock?”
– “________ I’m still at the meeting then”.
A. I think so B. Yes, 1 could
C. I’m afraid not D. I’m afraid so
14. He is the singer about________ I often tell you.
A. which B. who c. whom D. that
—(Nội dung đầy đủ, chi tiết phần đáp án của đề thi số 2 vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập để tải về máy)—
Tự luận (6 điểm)
Đọc kỹ đoạn văn rồi trả lòi các câu hỏi ỏ’ dưói (2điếm)
Câu 1: No, it isn’t.
Câu 2: They go to a national park to enjoy nature.
Câu 3: They mustn’t pick the flowers, feed or hunt the animals.
Câu 4: It has about 70 geysers.
Viết lại các câu sau theo yêu cầu trong ngoặc (1,5 điểm)
The student wrote an outstanding paper for which he was awarded a prize.
Mr. Edwards looks much nicer without his beard, which made him look much older.
The car whose brake are being repaired belongs to Mr. Pike.
He collects the things thrown away everywhere.
We found the fifth person to survive after the earthquake.
The street running through the village was built 200 years ago.
Dùng các từ gọi ý viết thành câu có nghĩa hoàn chỉnh (1 điểm)
I failed to send some of the document last week.
Bach Ma National Park is located in central Vietnam in the province of Thua Thien Hue.
B. Trắc nghiệm (4 điểm)
Choose the best answer (5 marks)
Câu 1: Because of people’s _____________ with the environment, many kinds of plants and animals are becoming rare.
A. interference B. supply c. survival D. influence
Câu 2: The Titanic,___________ sankin 1922, was supposed to be unsinkable.
A. that B. which c. who D. whose
Câu 3: Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
A. courteous B. subscribe c. influence D. spacious
Câu 4: The music_________ I am listening is very good.
A. to which B. that c. on which D. which
Câu 5: Coal was the first fuel to power machinery,
A. to be used B. is used c. using D. to use
Câu 6: The girl I told you is very kind.
A. whom B. about whom c. who D. to whom
Câu 7: I met Jane’s father,__________ works at the university.
A. that B. whose c. both A and B D. who
Câu 8: Daisy has got three bags and I have only got_____________
A. one B. no one c. everyone D. anyone
Câu 9: Melanie was looking after a cat___________ leg had been broken in an accident.
A. that B. which c. whose D. its
Câu 10: Choose the word whose underlined part differently from the rest.
A. special B. decorate c. colored D. calendar
Câu 11: It is an event__________ I would rather forget.
A. who B.in which c. that D. whom
Câu 12: When they meet each other on the first day of the year, they often exchange wishes of___________and prosperity.
A. happiness B. happily c. unhappy D. happy
Câu 13: Choose the word whose underlined part differently from the rest.
A. survive B. wild c. prohibit D. environment
Câu 14: _________ must have opened the cage, the bird flew away.
A. Nobody B. Someone c. Anyone D. Everybody
Câu 15: Fax__________ has become more and more popular because it is cheap and convenient.
A. exchange B. distance c. sending D. transmission
Câu 16: Newspapers and magazines are often delivered early in the morning.
A. given B. provided c. offered D. distributed
Câu 17: Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest
A. agriculture B. environment c. plentiful D. estimate
Câu 18: The people in our village are leading a____________ life
A. peaceful B. peacefully c. peacefulness D. peace
Câu 19: The old man__________ a black suit is a famous energy researcher.
A. is wearing B. to wear
c. wearing D. whom is wearing
Câu 20: Tet is a grand and important occasion in the year.
A. necessary B. excited c. colored D. great
B. Phần tự luận (5ms)
I. Combine, using Relative clauses (2 marks)
1. The driver is very friendly. He took US to the airport.
2. My flat is being decorated now. It was built in the 1920s.
3. The man is my father. You talked to him on the phone.
4. We know the person. The person’s daughter is fond of dancing.
II. Rewrite Relative clauses replaced by participles and to infinitives. (1,5ms)
1. The man who spoke to John is my brother.
2. The first person that we must see is Mr.Smith.
3. Peter, who was punished by his teacher, was very sad.
Read the text carefully. (1,5 marks)
There are many interesting customs in different countries for celebrating the new year. In Spain and Portugal, people gather just before midnight on New Year’s Eve and select twelve grapes from a large bunch. As the clock turns to the new year, each person eats twelve grapes and wishes good luck to everyone else. The twelve grapes are symbols of the twelve months of the year. In Iran, New Year’s Day is called No-Ruz. It begins on 21st March and lasts for thirteen days. No-Ruz is a happy time because winter is ending and spring is beginning. Each member of a family usually reads from the Koran, and then they all embrace each other and say, “May you live 100 years!
—(Nội dung đầy đủ, chi tiết phần đáp án của đề thi số 3 vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập để tải về máy)—
PART A: MULTIPLE CHOICE (7 MARKS)
1A 2B 3B 4A 5A 6B 7D 8A 9C 10A 11C 12A 13C 14B 15D 16D 17B 18A 19C 20D
Phần tự luận (5 Marks)
I. Combine, using Relative clauses (2 Marks)
1. The driver who took US to the airport is very friendly.
2. My flat, which was built in the 1920s, is being decorated now.
3. The man to whom you talked on the phone is my father.
4. We know the person whose daughter is fond of dancing.
Rewrite Relative clauses replaced by participles and to infinitives (1.5 Marks)
1. The man speaking to John is my brother.
2. The first person (for us) to see is Mr.Smith.
3. The boy punished by his teacher was very sad c. READING
READ THE TEXT CAREFULLY (1.5 Marks)
Answer the questions:
1. No, they don’t
2. St begins on 21st, March and lasts for thirteen days.
3. In Iran.
CHOOSE THE BEST ANSWER (5 MARKS)
PHONETICS (1 MARKS)
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others (0.5m)
1. A. spacious B. courteous C. document D. technology
2. A. exactly B. exist C. exhaust D. extinct
Choose the word that has the main stress placed differently from the others (0.5m)
3. A. agriculture B. extinction C. environment D. establishment
4. A. scientist B. industry C. agriculture D. potential
VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR (4 MARKS)
Choose the best answer to complete each sentence
5. We are proud of our_________ staff, who are always friendly and efficient.
A. well-done B. well-appointed
C. well-behaved D. well- trained
6. Many national parks have been established___________ endangered animals.
A. to save
B. to kill
C. to protect
D. to ban
7. The earth is one of the in the solar system.
8. Nuclear power is cleaner than coal.
9. Oil, coal natural gas are ________
A. solar system
B. nuclear power
D. fossil fuels
10. Airplanes ________ in the twentieth century is one of the sources of pollution.
A. which invented
B. to invent
D. that is invented
11. _________ energy is one that comes from sun.
12. If you go to the post office, please post these letters.
13. She has two grown children, both of _____ live abroad.
14. The old man _______ a black suit is a famous energy researcher.
A. to wear
C. whom is wearing
D. is wearing
15. The areas _______ are destroyed suffer a lot from soil erosion.
A. which trees
B. whose trees
C. that trees
D. trees which
16. Be quick! _______ wants to speak to you on the phone.
B. no one
17. This exercise is so easy that_________ can do it.
A. no one B. someone
C. none D.anyone
18. Rain forest are places_________ people harvest wood, delicious fruits, and powerful medicine.
A. in which B. in that C. in where D. which
19. Water is one of the precious resources___________ for our life.
A. we depend on which B. which we depend
C. on which we depend D. on that we depend
20. The authority gathered those villagers__________ they explained the importance of forests.
A. who B. whom C. to whom D. to that
WRITING (5 MARKS)
GRAMMAR (3.5 MARKS)
Combine the two sentences into one, using relative clauses:
1. The girl is very happy. She won the race.
2. This is the book. Its cover is nice.
3. The man is my uncle. You talked to him on the phone last night.
4. Vung Tau is a nice city. His wife was bom in it.
Rewrite the following sentences:
1. The people who are waiting for the bus in the rain are getting wet. (using a present participial phrase)
2. The first person that will be interviewed tomorrow is Mr Nam. (using To inf phrase)
3. I come from a city which is located in the southern part of the country, (using a past participial phrase)
READING COMPREHENSION (1.5 MARKS)
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions:
“… If people’s interference with the environment decreases, more species will survive and produce offspring. The Earth will be a happy planet where human beings, animals and plants peacefully co-exist.”
—(Nội dung đầy đủ, chi tiết phần đáp án của đề thi số 4 vui lòng xem tại online hoặc đăng nhập để tải về máy)—
CHOOSE THE BEST ANSWER (5 MARKS)
PHONETICS (1 MARK)
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others (0.5 mark)
1. A 2. D
Choose the word that has the main stress placed differently from the others (0.5 mark)
3. A 4. D
VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR (4 MARKS) * Choose the best answer to complete each sentence:
WRITING (5 MARKS)
GRAMMAR (3.5 Marks)
Combine the two sentences into one, using relative clauses
1. The girl who won the race is very happy.
2. This is the book whose cover is nice.
This is the book the cover of which is nice.
3. The man to whom you talked on the phone last night is my uncle.
4. Vung Tau, in which/ where his wife was bom, is a nice city.
Rewrite the following sentences
1. The people waiting for the bus in the rain are getting wet.
2. The first person to be interviewed tomorrow is Mr Nam.
3. I come from a city located in the southern part of the country
READING COMPREHENSION (1.5 Marks)
1. They will survive and produce offspring.
2. Yes. I do / No, I don’t.
3. If people protect the environment well, the Earth will be a very happy planet.
Trên đây là một phần trích đoạn nội dung Bộ 4 đề thi giữa HK1 môn Tiếng Anh 11 có đáp án năm 2021-2022 Trường THPT Hồng Hà. Để xem toàn bộ nội dung các em chọn chức năng xem online hoặc đăng nhập vào trang hoc247.net để tải tài liệu về máy tính.
Mời các em tham khảo các tài liệu có liên quan:
Hy vọng bộ đề thi này sẽ giúp các em học sinh ôn tập tốt và đạt thành tích cao trong kì thi sắp tới.